Wednesday, December 13, 2006

To Shop or not to Shop cont'd

So, there I was. Visiting with my family in Montreal. Torn between shopping and spending quality time with them. If this were any other time of year, even I wouldn't be able to pull it off. But this is the Holiday season, the time to shop season. This is when everybody, whether they want to or not, hits the stores. I found my "in". All that I had to do was to wait for my mother to ask me for my expert help. Who was I to decline?

In my defense, I went shopping with noble intentions. After all it's Christmas time and believe me, there is nothing I love more than to shop for and give great presents. Honestly, I didn't even have to actively seek out items of clothing for myself, they just happened to find me.

This isn't the fist time that I have been shopping for someone else and I find clothing with my name all over it. It is almost inevitable. And the opposite is also true. Don't you hate it when you make time for yourself to do some much needed shopping, and you can't seem to find a thing? It's the law of shopping. Next time you head out to buy yourself a new jacket - don't. Look for a pair of pants instead. I guarantee you will then find the jacket you were looking for but weren't really looking for. Get it?

So, next time you are faced with the question, to shop or not to shop, remember one thing. Your family will always be there but that beautiful cashmere sweater that happens to be your size and on sale, won't.



Dying to know what I bought? Two of my favorite things of course; a black ruffled waist belt from Urban Outfitters and a houndstooth red and black jacket from H&M. And the best part? Yes, they were both on sale!

No comments: