Monday, December 18, 2006

Mall Madness

It's no surprise that I love to shop. It's what I do, it's what I am good at, it's what I love. But I have to confess something - I hate Christmas shopping. OK, so that's not all true. I just hate Christmas shopping on the second to last weekend before the big day, when the malls and the streets are full of people walking, standing, sitting, yelling, crying!!! Blame it on temporary insanity or blame it on the unseasonably warm weather, but not only did I hit the shops, I hit the shops in Toronto. I know, what was I thinking?

Crazy. That is the best word to describe the Eaton Centre. On second thought, the words absolutely crazy seems to work better. Even before I opened the doors, I swear I could hear the rumble from the hoards and hoards of hurried Christmas shoppers. This should have been enough warning for me to turn around, but I continued to walk in. Big, big mistake. I was then engulfed in the crowd. Pushed from left to right and right to left. I had no choice but to let myself be taken by the current. When there was finally a break, I made my move and found myself - back outside. I took that as a sign and headed over to The Bay.

A little slice of heaven. Yes, I am talking about The Bay. I found everything that I needed and I could actually move freely around the store. No unfolded clothing everywhere, no sweaters on the floor and no long line-ups at the cash. A true Christmas miracle.

A lesson learned. I vow to never go shopping on a weekend so close to Christmas ,especially in a big city. Well, I might do it again, but next time I will avoid the Eaton Centre and head straight to The Bay.

No comments: