Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Who is shop girl?..the conclusion

As you know, I grew up on the outskirts of Montreal. I was also fortunate to have the chance to live in London, England for a year and a half. That was definitely a great experience that I will never forget. Not only did I live in one of the most fashionable cities in the world I was also lucky enough to travel across Europe. Come on, was there really any doubt...yes, I did some shopping along the way. I shopped in Portugal, I shopped in Spain, I shopped in Italy and I shopped in France. Of course I was faced with the dilemma of...do I buy those great trousers or do I eat dinner tonight. Tough choice right? Some days the clothing won out and some days I was just aching for a real meal.

Now, back to England. I have been visiting my relatives in England since I was a little girl. I always remember being in awe of the fashion trends. They were way ahead of us, at least 6 months. Now, as fashion is becoming more and more popular and more accessible, we have just about caught up. One of the main things that I have noticed about fashion in London, just like in Montreal, there is a lot of personal style injected in every ones choices. One thing that stands out is that Britain has a very strong sense of street style and this in turn influences designers. (Check out the London street fashion link and you will see exactly what I mean.) The punk movement in the late 1970s is a good example of British style that originated on the streets. London is renowned for being a very creative city that thrives on individuality.

So, I lived in Montreal and I lived in England. That leads me to where I live today. Kingston, Ontario. My new home, my new life and my new shopping haven. So here is what I plan to do; explore, shop and report what I find and shop some more. I will give you tips on where to shop, where to find the latest and greatest in Kingston. I will also encourage you to give me your tips and your suggestions on the best places to shop.


Shoppers, on your marks...get set...shop!

No comments: